1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Gift bags stashed from last year, wrapping paper after those run out
2. Real tree or Artificial? REAL!
3. When do you put up the tree? St. Nicholas Day or shortly thereafter
4. When do you take the tree down? Epiphany
5. Do you like egg nog? Echh, not really….too thick.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Hmmmm….a bike? My parents (I think my dad especially) enjoyed doing up the santa thing…chimney soot boot prints stomped on the hearth, carrots half eaten by reindeer, cookie crumbs, empty milk mugs, and santa’s signature handwriting on the tags kept me believing a LONG time.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, a beautiful one from my mom.
8. Hardest person to buy for? Aaron, I always want to be creative but he knows which things I know he would like so it’s never a surprise, does that make sense?
9. Easiest person to buy for? Whoever I get in the Plew family drawing….very specific lists help.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? MAIL! I love Christmas cards
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Hmm….rocks? Just kidding I dunno.
12. Favorite Christmas movie? Charlie Brown Christmas
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Later than I’d like
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Me? I would never…ok, of course I have!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Mostly anything.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear
17. Favorite Christmas song? Joy to the World
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Visit family nearby
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Yes thanks to that song….
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star though I like angels
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning…after church if possible. I’m glad we have Liturgy Christmas Eve this year, that’ll make the am nice.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Stores, materialism…around me and in myself
23. Favorite ornament? Toss up.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Didn’t we already have this question??
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Really? The Art of Simple Food cookbook